One Day Course on Understanding the Federal Reserve (from
the New York Institute of Finance) and where it fits into
the treasury yield curve.
- The Yield Curve is one of the mostly closely
scrutinized indicators in the world of finance, whether
you are monitoring your own investments and retirement
funds, or if you work in this area.
- We were familiarized with the Federal Reserve and
recognized how it controls, owns and manipulates the
short end of the Yield Curve.
- We can now recognize the role and structure of the Federal
Reserve and the Federal Open Market Committee
- We were familiarized with the product called
"Repurchase Agreement (REPO)"
- We can now recognize the process by which the Federal
Reserve facilitates the fine tuning of cash in the
market Repurchase Agreement (REPO).