- Software engineering position in exciting high technology field
- More than 18 years experience with embedded technologies, C
programming and hardware-software interaction.
- Numerous other technical skills and programming languages along with business
- Background in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- M.S., Georgia Institute of Technology, 1997
- B.S., Boston University, 1987
- In between work and contracts, I stayed current on numerous technical
and business skills and and other business and law humanities. I now wish to return to high tech job
sector preferably on a permanent basis, but also by contract.
- JOB SPRING PARTNERS / MOTION RECRUITMENT APPLICATION DEVELOPER
CONTRACTOR AT FEDERAL RESERVE BANK OF BOSTON, Boston,
Massachusetts: 5/2018 to 7/2018
- Assisted some Federal Reserve Bank Application Developers in
merging two code bases in order to use one credit card for
military shopping purposes that were sometimes challenged by no
network situations. The products involved were Bluebirds for card
transactions, kiosks and ATM style money processing, and vending
machines. I tweaked, added to both code bases and helped integrate
the code between the Navy's version of their card and the Army and
other military base cards to use one API for all cards. Although
the code had network communications, sometimes the military would
require communicating over RS232 serial ports or a modem in order to
- I integrated their code for their serial
communications and added access by the user interface widget and had
to learn 2 different code bases to do this integration. We
programmed in C/C++ for the application, and Qt for the widgets. I
posted my ticket investigation reports on Sharepoint, and shared
tickets for this work that were split into Agile 6 week Sprints with
coworkers in Jira, while our code base was managed by Bit Bucket.
We participated in the multiple Agile update meetings each week with
teams dispersed in Boston, Massachusetts, Omaha, Nebraska and Tampa,
- FULL SPECTRUM SOFTWARE CONTRACTOR AT AMAZON ROBOTICS, Westboro,
Massachusetts,Senior Software Engineering Contractor: 8/2017 to 10/2017
- Static Analysis and Unit Testing C code using the LDRA
(Liverpool Data Research Associates) tool to pass 61508 safety
standard for the vest badges that Amazon Fulfillment Center workers
wear to tell the warehouse robots not to run them over, as well
as for the new European warehouse robot’s user interface
- Git and Jira were used for code management.
- COURSE WORK AND PROJECTS IN BETWEEN WORK, CONTRACTS, North Easton, Massachusetts, 8/2009 to Present
- Explore this web page for details! Expanded and Reviewed Technical
Skill Set, and Explored Business, Law, Economics and Entrepreneurial Humanities
- ASSOCIATED ENVIRONMENTAL SYSTEMS, Ayer,
Massachusetts, Sept to Oct. 2015, Embedded software
- DRAPER LABS, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 4/2007 to
8/2009: Senior Technical Staff Member, Embedded Software,
Test Coordination, Guidance, Navigation and Controls
- Spearheaded simulation and functional testing
operations in the open and closed loop control systems
simulators for the US Navy.
- MOTOROLA, Lexington, Massachusetts, 1/2005 to
4/2007, Applications Integration Embedded Software
- Authored multiple sample applications in C to
debug interface between set-top-box firmware and vendor applications.
- Guaranteed that 100% of set-top-boxes could
download and debug firmware and applications.
- OASIS SEMICONDUCTOR, Waltham, Massachusetts, 5/2002 to
12/2004, Embedded Firmware and Quality
Assurance (QA) Software Engineer
- Designed and supported C code for printer and
- Tested software/hardware for all-in-one printer,
scanner, copier and fax machines
- Was the 25th employee at Oasis Semiconductor,
working as an embedded software engineer in a start up
- MOTOROLA, Mansfield, Massachusetts, 8/2000 to 5/2002,
Embedded Senior Software Engineer
- Wrote USB, Ethernet and HomeRF Wireless drivers in
C for BSD UNIX operating system.
- Worked on Broadcom-based chipset and VxWorks
embedded RTOS, used in Motorola's core gateway.
EARLY CAREER: 1/1986 to 8/1986 (co-op), 7/1987 to 8/2000 (with graduate School 1992-1997)
- AMERICAN MEGATRENDS, INC, Norcross, GA, 11/1998 to
- Software Engineer, USB products.
- SCIENTIFIC-ATLANTA, Norcross,GA, 3/1998 to 11/1998
- Software Engineer, Satellite TV embedded C with PSOS embedded OS.
- TEXAS INSTRUMENTS, Dallas, TX, 10/1997 to 2/1998
- ASIC & Software Engineer Support.
- GEORGIA TECH RESEARCH INSTITUTE, Pittsburgh,PA, 1/1995 to 8/1997
- Part-time Research Assistant, Department of
Transportation (DOT) database Rally software
- C/C++ development
- CDI CORPORATION: Nuclear Reactor at Westinghouse,
Pittsburgh,PA, 5/1994 to 8/1994
- PITTSBURGH SUPERCOMPUTER CENTER AT MELLON INSTITUTE,
Pittsburgh,PA, 5/1993 to 8/1993
- Summer Intern Software Engineer, focusing on
parallel processing, software performance and
- CARNEGIE MELLON UNIVERSITY, Pittsburgh, PA, 8/1992 to 5/1993
- Graduate Research Assistant for networks and
- Tested and developed MACH microkernel to support
DOS emulation, and the Coda File System.
- DIGITAL EQUIPMENT CORPORATION, Littleton, MA, 7/1987 to 8/1992
- Senior Software Engineer for Local Area Networking
- MAC and PHY chip test
- C test code for hardware diagnostics
- Embedded C firmware
- Won RAP (Recognition and Performance) cash
- IBM, Kingston,NY, 1/1986 to 8/1986
- Software-Hardware Co-op, working on the Intrepid
Project to develop a math coprocessor.